Man Found Living in Airport For 3 months Due To His Fear of Covid

Man found 'living in airport for three months' due to his fear of Covid-19


Man is found living in the airport for 3 months as a result of his fear of Coronavirus.

For three months, a man too terrified to travel because of the Coronavirus pandemic was found living undetected in a safe area of Chicago‘s international airport, US prosecutors say.

Aditya Singh, 36, was arrested on Saturday, January 16, after airline workers asked him to produce his id and he pointed to the identity card of an operations manager who declared it missing in October.

Police say Singh arrived on a flight from Los Angeles to O’Hare International Airport on 19 October.

Singh, according to Assistant Public Defender Courtney Smallwood, lives in a suburb of Los Angeles and does not have a criminal record. Why he was in Chicago is not clear.

According to him, he survived on other passengers’ handouts.

Upon hearing the case today, Monday, January 18, Cook County Judge Susana Ortiz expressed surprise.

He was charged with felony criminal violation at an airport and misdemeanor burglary in a prohibited area. If he was able to post the $1,000 (£738) for bond, he was barred from visiting the airport.

“The judge found these facts of the case quite alarming for the alleged length of time that this occurred,” said Judge Ortiz.

Centered on the need for airports to be very secure so that people feel safe to fly, I do find that these suspected acts are a problem for the city.

The Chicago Department of Aviation, which manages the city’s airports, clarified the situation in a tweet.

While this event stays under investigation, we have been able to identify that this individual did not cause a security risk to the airport or to the travelling public.


Credit: Guardian

1 Trackback / Pingback

  1. Woman Infected with Covid Commits Suicide After Spreading The Disease To Her Daughter and Husband - Relay Vibes

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.